Sunday, November 05, 2006

And speaking of bananas...

For the third year in a row, I'll be hosting my parents and sister for Thanksgiving. Although my mom hijacked my turkey the first year, she has been extremely helpful to have around while cooking such a big meal. This year, I'm going for more healthful recipes. Of course, I'm not expecting to lose weight that week, but at least things won't be too bad.

Here's the menu that I've come up with so far:

Appetizers
Crudités with hummus, crackers and cheese

Dinner
Turkey with Gravy
Salad with mustard and caper dressing
Roasted garlic and butternut squash cassoulet
Herbed mashed potatoes
Mom's special stuffing
Laura's creamy spinach
Elisa's cranberry sauce

Dessert
Pumpkin pie
Apple cranberry crisp

Beverages
Iced tea
Champagne
Wine
Coffee
Port
Scotch (that's for me, I think I'll need a hard drink at the end of the day)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude. Is that for real?

I'll be right over.

Anonymous said...

no apple pie cooked in a brown paper bag??!?! (it was weird...but quite yummy...)