Friday, September 28, 2007

So I bet you're thinking...

I bet you're wondering, "Wow, now that Laura is 30 and sexy, does she not have time to blog?". Well, yeah, its been kind of a crazy month for me, so even though several things have happened to me that I've thought were blog-worthy, I haven't had a chance to talk about them. Here goes.
1) Matt's parents were in town last week, so we had a week of fine dining. Unfortunately, I had to work on Saturday, so Matt had to find a way to entertain his parents himself. Luckily, he had the brilliant idea of taking them to a brew pub, Rock Bottom Brewery. I come home from work to find this giant--empty-- glass container sitting on the counter. "Don't touch my Growler!" Matt yells. Yes, this is a refillable container that holds 5 pints of beer that can be taken home with you for the low, low price of $6.95 per refill.Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2) I've decided that I will never watch another video of YouTube for the following reasons: a) It has become too ubiquitous. b) Most of the crap that's on it, is well, crap. I'm not really intersted in watching your hamster roll around in the room in its hamster ball, and c) the other stuff that's on it is probably a copyright violation. So there. Don't send me any YouTube links. I'm not gonna watch it. You know how much I hate hype anyway.

3) I've joined Facebook, but honestly, I don't really see the point of the whole thing. Its like MySpace for lazy people. Seriously, you can't blog, but they expect you summarize how you're feeling in one little status sentence. Also, what is the point of "poking" people? Maybe I just don't understand because I'm no longer in my 20s, but I feel pretty lost using Facebook.
So that's my post for the month. See you in October.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, be careful of the Growler! Once you start using it, it becomes an addiction where you feel that "it" isn't living up to its potential unless it's filled each week with some wonderful microbrew!

I now own two...