Monday, December 11, 2006

Its that time of year

For me, December has always been the time of year when I would get sick. I remember being at my grandparents' houses on Christmas Day utterly miserable in another room with no TV while all my cousins played with their toys. As an adult, things haven't really changed. For the last two Christmases, I was sick, last year with a sinus infection, the previous year with a stomach virus. At being sick when you're an adult on Christmas isn't any more fun than being sick as a kid on Christmas, especially when you're traveling 3000 miles to be with your family.

The crazy weather here in DC lately hasn't helped my sinuses any. For the last two weeks I've been faithfully taking my Allegra, but today's 65 degree weather just kind of did me in. I'm not totally sick, but it was enough to make me call the doctor because, dammit, I will not be sick on Christmas again this year. Thanks to a change of insurance (from an evil HMO to a much less evil PPO), I was actually able to make a doctor's appointment with an allergist! Without a referral! And my appointment is tomorrow!

If all goes well tomorrow, I'll be in tip-top shape in two weeks!

No comments: