Friday, August 04, 2006

city of blinding light

Next year, I will finally have the opportunity to discover the answer to an age-old question: Which city is more romantic in the springtime: Washington or Paris? Somehow, I think I already know the answer.Thanks to our beaucoup frequent flier miles, we were able to get business class seats to Paris next March. I get to start learning how to speak French!Our last trip abroad was actually my first; in 2005 we went to London and Italy (Roma e Napoli, or to you Italian-illiterates, Rome and Naples). I learned just enough Italian to get by. Since we have so much more lead time, I'm hoping to learn more French. I have to admit, I've been resisting France for a long time now, but now that our flights are confirmed, I'm pretty excited.

No comments: