Thursday, August 31, 2006

Shakira Addendum

An article on Shakira's concert from today's Washington Post: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08/30/AR2006083003265.html.

A few lines stand out: "Shakira is among pop music's greatest dancers, as there is much more to her repertoire than just those swaying hips." I'm sorry, when did doing The Robot become an acceptable dancing style?

Or to quote my friend Tawni: "You don't like shakira's dancing? I guess she doesn't really dance. I'm not sure what you would call it, but it looks more like what a stripper would do."

"But she can hold her own as a singer, even if she doesn't have the best, most distinctive voice in the business. In fact, she tends to sound a lot like other artists...."What? The true appeal of Shakira is her amazing vocal range and distinctive voice.Obviously, the critic, with-a-name like this-I-have-to-be-a-rock-critic J. Freedom du Lac, and I have much differing opinions.

No comments: